Saturday, March 23, 2013

Return of the Braids



“The hair is the richest ornament of women” said Martin Luther.

Nothing could be truer. Women, including yours truly, obsess over our hair irrespective of our age, the length/colour/thickness of our hair, etc. We could spend days complaining over how we never seem to find a good hairdresser, how we often have bad hair days, how someone always looks like she has just stepped out of a saloon, etc. We also discuss about whether we should colour our hair, dye it, iron it or just let it remain the way nature intended it to.

According to me, women blessed with long hair have an unfair advantage over those with short hair. The ones with long hair can style their hair into all sorts of hairstyles including buns, braids, ponytails, or just leave it open. The ones with short hair can only curse their hair growth and the probable reasons for it – pollution, diet, hormones, stress, you get the picture!

In the good old days when my hair and I shared a wonderful relationship, I used to often braid it when it was not in a ponytail. In school, it was compulsory for the ones with long hair to tie them neatly into two braids with red ribbons at the end. Was this not a familiar sight for most of us in school? We would end up comparing the lengths of our braids. Braid-pulling was an accepted form of ragging then :)


Exit school days; enter college days when it was no longer fashionable to have two braids. That was for the school girls. For the collegians, one could either have one single braid or a much cooler French braid. Days were spent with friends in trying to learn how to plait one’s hair in a French braid :)


Unfortunately, age and, with it, stress, soon caught up and my hair started getting unruly. The usual hair problems such as dandruff, hairfall and split ends made their entrance. When I would braid my hair, the ends were rough primarily due to split ends. I could not bear to rub it against my cheek.

With no solution in sight, I was distraught. I could no longer have the earlier privileges of braiding my hair and feeling good about it.

Enter http://www.dove.in/en/Products/Hair-Care/Split-Ends-Rescue/Dove-Split-End-Rescue-Shampoo.aspx. This is a part of the Dove Damage Solutions range which has been specially formulated to help bring split-ends together.

 

I got myself a shampoo and conditioner (courtesy www.indiblogger.in) and used it for a few days. Much to my surprise, my split ends started disappearing. My hair at the tips felt nicer and smoother. I was able to braid my hair again. No longer were the ends rough.

All’s well that ends well, they say, or in braids-land, all’s well that braids well :)

Disclaimer: Pictures have been used for representational purposes only.

This is my entry for Dove Split Ends Rescue System hosted on IndiBlogger.

3 comments:

Hair Transplant Clinic UK said...

Wow :-) really very interesting post :-)

FUE Hair Transplantation UK said...

Lovely Blog post :-) enjoyed the blog :-)

Dr. Health Clinic said...

Nice and useful blog. I am very impressed from your blog.
Dandruff TreatmentIn Bangalore