This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda
The following is a letter to a 10 year old girl.
Dear Little Girl,
I would like you to remember the following as you live your life and march towards your dreams:
- The friendships you forge now shall stay with you for life. So make them wisely.
- Respect your parents even though they may not always be worthy of it.
- Be as involved in extra-curriculars in school as with studies. You will not regret it later.
- Let nobody undermine your confidence if you fail in a certain activity.
- Be close to your siblings even if you might want to rip their arms apart. They will be among your best friends later on.
- You will have plenty of time to be fashionable once you are an adult. Don't waste your childhood putting on make-up and branded clothes.
- Fall in love with books. They will never let you be alone. They will never let you down.
- Respect your teachers. They are doing the best job they possibly can with limited resources.
- Learn to respect your body. Let no stranger touch it.
- Develop a hobby be it painting, dancing, whatever.
- Have plenty of friends both male and female. The interactions would help both of you later.
- Do not ever lie to your parents.
- Avoid foul language. Do not associate with people who use foul language.
- Last, but not the least, enjoy your childhood. It is the only carefree time you have. Do not be in a hurry to grow up too fast, too soon. You will repent later.